Social bookmarking is a web 2.0 tool that does more than just conveniently save and organize resources you need from the web. In this session, learn how social bookmarking can help you manage and filter the wealth of useful websites for yourself and your students.
Note, this page has many resources on using the specific social bookmarking site called “Delicious” that was recently shut down. It is still accessible but no new accounts are being created and current accounts are read only. The resources on this page are still useful in terms of understanding how social bookmarking works and used but an update is in progress. In the meantime, if you are interested in this topic, please feel free to reach out to Kristen (email@example.com) for more information.
- Top 10 Ways to Use de.icio.us via @lifehack
- del.icio.us Tips via @suewaters7 Things You Should Know About Social Bookmarking via EDUAUSE
10 ways you can tap the value of the Delicious community
- Why Delicious is an effective teaching tool for journalism educators
Culver, Katy. “Why Delicious Is an Effective Teaching Tool for Journalism Educators.” Poynter@40. N.p., 25 Nov. 2014. Web. 03 Dec. 2015.\
- Exploring the Use of Social Bookmarking Technology in Education: An Analysis of Students’ Experiences using a Course-specific Delicious.com Account
Farwell, Tricia M., and Richard D. Waters. “Exploring the Use of Social Bookmarking Technology in Education: An Analysis of Students’ Experiences Using a Course-specific Delicious.com Account.” MERLOT Journal of Online Learning and Teaching June 6.2 (2010): n. pag. Merlot. Web.
- Packrati.us Bookmark your Twitter links
- Delicious extension for Chrome Browser
- Delicious phone apps and native support for Firefox
- IFTTT Recipes
- Delicious Toolbox: 80+ Updated Tools and Resources via @mashable
- Digg Reader
- The Old Reader
- Kristen’s OPML file
- Do RSS Feeds Still Matter?
- Why RSS Still Matters
- Is RSS Dead? A Look at the Numbers
Other Social Bookmarking Sites Besides Delicious
- Alternatives to Delicious
- 50+ Social Bookmarking (and News) Sites : Importance of User Generated Tags, Votes and Links