- MacArthur Foundation: Digital Badges
- HASTAC: Digital Badges
- DML Central: Digital Badges
- Badge Alliance: Badges for Higher Education
- Open Badges in Higher Ed
- 7 Things You Should Know About Badges EDUCAUSE Learning Initiative (PDF)
- Fain, Paul. “Digital, Verified and Less Open.” Digital Badging Spreads as More Colleges Use Vendors to Create Alternative Credentials. Inside Higher Ed, 9 Aug. 2016. Web. 12 June 2017.
- Raths, David. “How Badges Really Work in Higher Education.” Campus Technology. N.p., 20 June 2013. Web. 12 June 2017.
- Smith, Sondra R. “10 Lessons Learned from an Award-Winning Digital Badging Program.” NextGen Learning. Next Generation Learning Blog, 25 June 2015. Web. 12 June 2017.
- Diaz, Veronica. “Digital Badges for Professional Development.” Digital Badges for Professional Development | EDUCAUSE, 1 July 2013. Web. 12 June 2017.
- Diaz, Veronica, Jonathan Finkelstein, and Susan Manning. “Developing a Higher Education Badging Initiative.” EDUCAUSE (2015): n. pag. Aug. 2015. Web. 12 June 2017.
- OBHE Case Studies: All Aboard, Ireland; Beuth University; Colorado State University Online; CyberCourse; DeakinDigital; Georgia Southern University; National Science Teachers Association; Pennsylvania State Library; Pennsylvania State University; Pittsburgh City of Learning; Swinburne University; University of Notre Dame; Wonderlic Inc.
- A Digital Badge Initiative: Two Years Later: Two Years Later: Coastal Carolina University
Case Study: Establishing the Value of Badges for Earners
Books and Studies
Grant, Sheryl L. 2014. What Counts As Learning: Open Digital Badges for New Opportunities. Irvine, CA: Digital Media and Learning Research Hub.