- 3D Printing Flipboard
- Flipped Classroom workshop
- Augmented Reality Flipboard
- Internet of Things Bookmarks
New Media Consortium’s Horizon Report
Each year, the New Media Consortium, an international community of experts in educational technology, publishes the Horizon Reports for universities, colleges, museums, K-12 education, and organizations. The reports chart the landscape of emerging technologies for teaching, learning, and creative inquiry. Visit NMC.org for more information about the NMC Horizon Project.
2017 horizon report video competition winners Video competition describing how projects apply technologies covered in the Horizon report and how technology enhances teaching, learning, and creative inquiry.
LearnIT: Implications of Upcoming Technology Trends in Education
2013 presentation given by Kristen Treglia, Senior Instructional Technologist at Lincoln Center, Fordham University
In a world where technology is changing faster than ever it’s important not to just keep up with what’s currently available, but to be thinking ahead. The New Media Consortium and EDUCAUSE Learning Initiative (ELI) releases the Horizon Report each year to highlight trends, challenges, and emerging technologies that impact higher education. This 2013 presentation delved into the 2013 Horizon Project Short List and covered 12 coming technology trends in higher education.
Part I of the presentation was May 14, 2013 and it covered the top 6 trends (see slides below). Part II of the presentation was presented on November 6, 2013; it gave a short review of those trends and also covered the additional 6 trends. For more information, please email email@example.com
audio to be uploaded at a later date)
Links to the full versions of the video clips from Part II (blank slides):
- Flipped Classroom: Confessions of a Converted Lecturer: Eric Mazur (that’s the 5 minute clip, full video here,)
- Augmented Reality: Intro: Iron Man example | Ex: Graduate Thesis on How Technology will Change the Way We Learn and Study
- Internet of Things: Intro:What is the Internet of Things? | IFFT recipe example: https://ifttt.com/recipes/1828 (browse recipes or browse channels)
- Flexible Displays Intro:Samsung Flexible Display | Sony 13.3-inch E Ink Digital Paper hands-on | Engadget at SID 2013
- Wearable Technology:
Challenges: http://techtrendsineducation.wikispaces.com/Wearable+Technology (see video at bottom)