Module: Online Learning, Ignatian Pedagogy and Course Design Methodology
History of online learning (infographic)
What is Ignatian pedagogy, what makes an online course a Fordham online course?
- The Jesuit Way at Fordham. Fordham University: 2014.
- Ignatian Pedagogy: A Practical Approach, the International Centre for Jesuit Education in Rome, 1993.
- Parmach, Robert (2012) “Doing What’s Right: The Value of the Other Half: Qualifying Cura Personalis,” Conversations on Jesuit
- Higher Education: Vol. 41, Article 12.
- Parmach, Robert J. (2014) “Talking Back: Eloquentia Perfecta: A Way of Proceeding,” Conversations on Jesuit Higher Education: Vol. 46, Article 24
- Bernard Lonergan’s Promise for Educational Philosophy (PDF)
- Using Ignatian Pedagogy to Guide Reflections While Blogging (PDF) * p86 Table 1 Evaluation Rubric
- In Ignatian Footsteps: Translational Learning for Educating and Training Adults in the 21st Century (PDF)
- A Matter of Style: Using the Teaching/Learning Cycle to Design Holistic Instruction (PDF)
- What Magis Really Means and Why It Matters (PDF)
- Interview with Father James Martin (PDF)
- The Influence of the Spiritual Exercises on Six Dimensions of Jesuit Education (PDF)
- Challenges to Jesuit Higher Education today (PDF)
- Kessler, Gretchen (2010) “Profile of an Ignatian Educator“, Tips for New Teachers at RJHS.
Backwards design principle, how to determine learning outcomes, assessment strategies, and develop online learning activities
- Collins, A., Brown, J. S., & Newman, S. E. (1989). Cognitive apprenticeship: Teaching the crafts of reading, writing, and mathematics. In L. B. Resnick (Ed.), Knowing, learning, and instruction: Essays in honor of Robert Glaser (pp. 453-494). Hillsdale, NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates.
- Fink, L. Dee. “Creating Significant Learning Experiences Across Disciplines.” College Teaching 56.4 (2008): 247-54. John Wiley & Sons, 2003. Web. 20 Mar. 2017.
- Wiggins, G. and McTighe, J (2005). Understanding by Design: What is Backwards Design (c1) and Understanding (c2)
- Bauer, J. F. and Anderson, R. S. (2000), Evaluating Students’ Written Performance in the Online Classroom. New Directions for Teaching and Learning, 2000: 65–71.
Resources at Fordham
- Office of Mission and Ministry
- Office of Campus Ministry
- Center on Religion and Culture
- Dorothy Day Center for Service and Justice
- Global Outreach Program
- Living the Mission
- Jesuit Higher Education: A Journal
- The Jesuit Curia in Rome
- Association of Jesuit Colleges & Universities (AJCU) and AJCU YouTube channel
- Northeast Jesuit Province
- Jesuit Conference USA
- Loyola Press Ignatian Spirituality resources
- Creighton University online retreat page
- Pray as you go from British Jesuits
- Sacred Space from Irish Jesuits